Thursday, July 26, 7:30 PM
Location: 2001 Royalwood Dr., Arlington
Email or call Bill for directions: 817-718-2424
Giovanni's Room (by James Baldwin) Synopsis: "Set in the 1950s Paris of American expatriates, liaisons, and violence, a young man finds himself caught between desire and conventional morality. With a sharp, probing imagination, James Baldwin's now-classic narrative delves into the mystery of loving and creates a moving, highly controversial story of death and passion that reveals the unspoken complexities of the human heart." This novel appears near the too of the AfterEllen’s Best Gay Books and Best Gay Fiction reading lists.
- Get the book. (Books available at Barnes & Noble or Amazon.com.
- Read it.
- Sign-in on the comments for this blog entry so we know how much dessert to get.
- Come share dessert, as well as your thoughts and insights on the book.
Upcoming Book Club Selections:
- August: Dancer From the Dance by Andrew Holleran
- September: Maurice by E. M. Forster
- October: The Front Runner by Patricia Nell Warren
- Nov-Dec: Call Me by Your Name by Andre Aciman
- January: The Dreyfus Affair: A Love Story by Peter Lefcourt
- February: At Swim, Two Boys by Jamie O'Neill
- March: How I Paid For College: A Novel of Sex, Theft, Friendship & Musical Theater by Marc Acito
- April: A Home At The End of the World by Michael Cunningham
- May: Like People in History by Felice Picano
- June: Becoming a Man: Half a Life Story by Paul Monette