I've added y'all to our reservation system for this Friday and Saturday. You may want to let your friends know that wish to make a reservation that the bunkhouse is full; however, there is plenty of space for tent camping.
Randy, Paul, Mitch & Mike
Owners/Operators Circle J Ranch
The Circle J Ranch is a “100-acre private, adult male, clothing-optional campground in Eustace, Texas. (map) There is abundant space for both tent camping and RVs, either in the wooded acres or the wide, expansive grassland. Enjoy a dip in the crystal clear spring-fed lake, or take a swim in the house pool. Lots of hiking is available through the forest or alongside several streams meandering throughout the property. And, of course, there's the campfire at night...”
About 80 miles from Arlington (1.5 hrs drive). [Directions: I-20 East (30 miles) to US-175 E; EXIT 479B toward Kaufman (50 mile); caravan with the group, or call the ranch (903-479-4189) for specific driving instructions.] Contact mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or visit their website.
- Circle J Membership: $10/year
- Circle J Camping: $15/person/day [Bunk house space available ($20/night) for those who don't want to sleep in a tent; reservations required.]
- Want to participate without the overnight camping? Circle J Membership: $10/year & Circle J Day Rate: $10
- Circle J provides a complimentary cookout on Friday evenings, complimentary continental breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday mornings and a pay dinner ($15) on Saturday evenings that includes cocktails, appetizers, dinner and dessert.
- For Saturday lunch (and for those not interested in the Saturday dinner), the town of Eustace has several fast food options for a quick run to town. Alternatively, we can pack a cooler with lunch meats, cheese and toppings to make sandwiches, chips, etc. and split the costs. (More on that as we get closer to the weekend.)
- #1 – Friday evening (for those camping both nights)
- 5:30 PM Depart Hypermart (Cooper just south of I-20) parking lot (Park in the spaces facing Cooper, nearest the southern entrance.)
- 7:00 PM Check-in at Circle J
- 7:30 PM Set-up camp and get ready for the cookout and campfire
- #2 – Saturday morning (for those camping one night, or for day-trippers)
- 9:30 AM Depart Hypermart (Cooper just south of I-20) parking lot (Park in the spaces facing Cooper, nearest the southern entrance.)
- 11:00 AM Check-in at Circle J
- Sunday morning
- 10:00 AM Break down camp
- Stop along the way home for lunch
- Arrive back in Arlington @ 2:30 PM.
- Tent, sleeping bag, air mattress/cot
- Cooler (beverages on your own)
- Towel, lotions (bug, tanning), other personal supplies